- 10 calories of fossil fuel are spent for every calorie an American eats.
- The nutrients in pee are roughly the same ratio as those found in commercial fertilizer.
- Dried feces are an excellent source of carbon needed to build soil.
- An overload of nutrients in fresh and salt water chokes fish, prevents shellfish habitat from growing, and contributes to erosion… not to mention, looks and smells bad.
- North America has roughly 50 years of remaining phosphorus reserves required for synthetic fertilizer.
- The average person creates 5.5 kg of fertilizer per year, enough to grow nearly a year’s worth of food.
- In 2012, 2.5 billion people still do not have access to sanitary facilities. An estimated one in seven billion are malnourished.